X-ray is the oldest and most frequently used form of medical imaging. At Selma Carlson, we perform digital X-ray imaging, which is the “gold standard” of today’s medical imaging practices.
What are the benefits of digital X-ray?
- Digital X-ray is faster than analog X-ray.
- Repeat exposures are reduced.
- Image quality is enhanced.
- The radiologist is given the ability to highlight or magnify areas of interest.
- Digital X-ray assists your physician in electronically viewing images and reports, thus expediting your care.
What are some common uses of X-ray?
X-ray assists doctors in the identification and treatment of a broad range of conditions, including fractures, arthritis, joint injuries, etc.
What should I expect during this exam?
Due to the high number of vastly different procedures performed at Selma Carlson, experiences will vary.
- Each exam will be explained in full prior to the exam; and you will be given the opportunity to ask questions.
- Every effort will be made to make you as comfortable as possible.
What will I experience during an X-ray?
- If your exam requires you lie on an X-ray table, it may feel cold, and you may experience some discomfort due to the hard surface. Depending on your exam, technologist be able to place a pad on the table for your comfort.
- When X-raying an injury, the technologist may require you to hold an uncomfortable position for a few seconds. Any movement could result in the need for additional imaging.
Selma Carlson technologists are experienced in high quality patient care. Communication with your technologist is vital in ensuring your comfort, as well as the attainment of quality diagnostic images.